WELCOME

CULTURE in a FLASH is a blog I've started to share films, music, art, and fashion that inspire me (and hopefully you). I will do my best to post tips, movies, songs, and pieces to check out.

-M.A.L.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

#1

For my first post I've been trying to think of what I should put, and in reviewing what I've been into currently I'd have to say:

Hard Candy- It's an awesome film starring Ellen Page, Patrick Wilson, and Sandra Oh...and that's it! The whole film takes place at Jeff's house (Patrick Wilson) and keeps you captivated the whole time.  Eventhough it came out in 2005 (pre Page's Juno fame) it is the film that I feel best displays her acting talent. I just saw it for the first time a week ago but still find myself thinking about it. It's the best psychological drama I've seen in awhile.  I highly recommend you go watch this!



As far as music goes...I've been listening to the band Atlas Sound recently.  They have a great sound! I recommend (for starters) to download their song Walkabout from their Logos album.
Logos album cover

                                                                                               
Now for a tip in clothing...Every guy should have at least one pair of nice black or dark brown dress shoes/ boots.  On a recent trip to Vegas some of the guys in the group had trouble getting into clubs due to a lack of nice shoes. This was a big downer. Remember, when you're going out you wanna look sharp from your head to your toe.

until next time...

M.A.L.

1 comment:

  1. Already learned some new things--will make certain to rent "Hard Candy"

    ReplyDelete