WELCOME

CULTURE in a FLASH is a blog I've started to share films, music, art, and fashion that inspire me (and hopefully you). I will do my best to post tips, movies, songs, and pieces to check out.

-M.A.L.

Monday, September 13, 2010

#3

SORRY everyone! I know it's been a couple of days... I hope everyone had a great weekend!

As many of you (probably) know the VMAs (Video Music Awards) were on MTV last night.

The big winners were Lady Gaga with 6 wins and Eminem with 2.
Lady Gaga won the top award for video of the year with Bad Romance.




Another great artist to check out is Florence + the Machine.
I recommend the tracks Dog Days Are Over (which she performed at the VMAs) and Cosmic Love off her album Lungs.

Album Cover

As far as film goes I'm really looking forward to The Social Network coming out October 1st.
It's the story and drama of how facebook became the largest social site. It's directed by David Fincher (Fight Club, Zodiac, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) and written be Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing).





Until next time...

M.A.L.

2 comments:

  1. haha yeah, i forgot. check out the fashion from the VMAs.

    ADVICE OF THE DAY: black on black suits always look great.

    ReplyDelete